• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Need a helping hand on the West coast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigshu

Supporting Member
Back before the pandemic, I was the high bidder in an auction for an Airdrome aeroplanes Fokker D8. The problem is, since the pandemic, travel restrictions, hot zones and rolling lockdowns have kept me from going out to get the project and bring it home to Missouri. The seller has been sympathetic, but he's moving to Pheonix and getting rid of his hangar. I've come to terms with my deposit being a sunk cost, and just letting the project go, but I thought I'd try a long shot and see if someone already in the area could take possession of the project and hold it until things improve enough for me to make the trip. It's 1500 miles one way, which doesn't bother me, but the potential for catching or spreading the virus is just too big a risk. The project is close to Fresno. My plan has always been to take a couple of days each way, and do a one way trailer rental to haul it home. Anyone see possibilities for resolving the problem? I'm less concerned about losing the deposit than putting the seller in a jam over getting rid of this project he's not interested in finishing. I was the only bidder in the auction, and he's run it by a few people who claimed to be interested locally, but weren't serious buyers. I was planning to take the project and rework it into a Fokker V25 (Airdrome aeroplanes is local to me, so I could work with the designer directly to make it happen). Thanks!

Back