• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Buying a salvage aircraft and crossing the border with it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

way_up_noth

Hi everyone

I`m in Canada and I want to buy a salvaged aircraft from the USA or a large amount of parts from that aircraft...that has been storm damaged(flipped by the wind from a tie down) but many parts are still viable...welded rudder pedals...ect..

If an aircraft is scrapped...is it still an aircraft?...when I hit the border is the pile of metal going to need a pile of paper work...or do I just call it a pile of scrap pay my duties and drive on through...

it will be registered under my build number

thanks

Back