• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello from France

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperSpinach

Hello everyone,

I finally decided to make my first post on the forum.

Let me make a short presentation of myself :

I'm a 20 year old guy living in France that has always been interested in aviation. I'm working on getting my PPL (22 hours of flight so far) and hopefully I'll start my 3 year apprenticeship to become an engineer this upcoming September (looking for an apprenticeship as I write this). I'm already working in the field of aeronautics : I just got a degree (not sure if it is the right term) in surface finishes as part on an apprenticeship and I used to work in the machineshops before that. I do not know the equivalent of my diploma in english so that's the best explanation I can give 😄.

I also have a small machine shop in my garage equipped with a lathe and metal shaper

Right now I'm reading as much as I can (currently reading Aircraft Design: A Conceptual Approach) as I would like to someday build my own aircraft and even maybe try designing / modifying one (in the long term).

This forum is super interesting even though I don't always understand the problems raised in some posts. But I'm sure I'll manage at some point after reading more.

Thank you for the amazing forum and the great ressources !

I'll keep following this forum very closely until I make my first posts (hopefully about my own homebuild 😁)

Cheers from France !

Last edited:
Back