• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Retired in Hopkins, MN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Scott

Hello from Hopkins, MN. I am a private pilot who has not flown in 7 years. My interest is in the technology of aviation. I grounded myself for medical reasons, but I remain keenly interested in general aviation. Years ago I designed some aircraft system controls (non-critical) for freight aircraft, and some test equipment for aviation. And right now I am developing an instrumentation app and that is one of the reasons I am posting here. I have under development an app for Android phones that measures the RPM of an engine from the sound of the engine. Before I release it generally, I would like some feedback on it. If anyone wants to test it for me, I can give you a code to get the app for free. Just open a conversation and I will give you a promo code. The app is called "Engine RPM." I actually started development on this app when I was in a flying club at Willow Run Airport in Michigan. I wanted to check the calibration of the tachometers in our club planes. I released an iPhone version of the app too early while it was still unreliable and I don't want to make the same mistake with the Android version. That is why I am asking for help to check out this version before it gets released generally. So if anyone has an interest in measuring RPM from sound, I would appreciate any feedback you can give me.

-Bob Scott
Hopkins, MN

Back