• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

PPL written exam...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadProfessor8138

I know this issue has been covered many times but things change over time and I feel the topic could stand to be addressed again for the individuals that are currentlt in the process of earning their PPL.

So...... 2 questions.

1. In your opinion,what is the best course to study for preparing to take the written test ?
A. King....I have the King course and find their humor to be almost intolerable to set through.
B. Sporty's....I have no experience with their material.
C. Dauntless....I've heard that the course is excellent but have also read reviews that the program frequently crashes and customer support is rude or non-existant....which is sad because it also has great reviews.
D. Gleim.....no experience with the material.
E. Others..... ???

2. I've read that learning all of the material and taking the written test will not guarantee you to pass.
Instead,get a course that will teach you how to take the test and pass while basically forgetting about learning all of the information because the majority of it is incorrect to begin with.
Is just studying the answers the better way to pass the test ?

I would like to get my written test out of the way in the next few months but,honestly,I'm having trouble with the way the FAA has composed their exam :
All answers are wrong but you need to pick the least wrong answer.

Which course would help me the most towards passing the written ?
Opinions please......

Kevin

Last edited:
Back