• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Printing an unobtainable part for a wood planer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FritzW

The thickness adjustment handle on my wood planer broke a few weeks ago and there are absolutely none available on the interweb.

I need to plane down some stock for the 'sticks' on the Ranger and I'd hate to use vice-grips to set the thickness on the planer (all the TV's we had growing up had vice-grips clamped to the tuner ;) )

This was a quick, cheap, easy solution:

20190628_172602_resized.jpg
I probably should have printer it with thicker walls, especially around the roll pin holes, but for about 10 cents a copy I'm not too worried about printing a "version 2" if I have to.

20190628_204145_resized-1.jpg
Works like a charm, I'll see how long "version 1" last's.

20190628_204228_resized.jpg
I can't think of a single reason why the handle needs to be hinged like this. If I print another one I'll just make a regular 'ol handle.

P.S. it's yellow because that's what was loaded in the printer

Back