• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Mustang Prop Arrived

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXFlyGuy

The propeller we have all been waiting for just arrived. And it is a beauty!

This new prop really looks the part of the Hamilton-Standard blade design from 1942.

One big reason the production took so long is that Jim Rust (Whirlwind Propeller - El Cajon) is such a stickler for efficiency. He tweaked the airfoil design many, many times in order to get it at what he considers the peak or max efficiency available with the current state-of-the-art.

The diameter, blade twist, pitch angle, were all worked, and re-worked until he hit the "Goldilocks" zone..."It's Just Right".

I admit, it was frustrating for me, waiting for 3+ years to get this. But all of us here (even my wife) are absolutely thrilled with the final product. In combination with the LS376/480, this should be "off the charts" performance wise.

The total weight is 55 lbs, 20 pounds more than the 84" propeller. Gearbox + Prop = 145 lbs. 90 inch diameter. Both the prop, and the hub, are super High-Tech.

E13FE285-BD17-4997-A6CE-C84D637B2BAF.jpg

Back