• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Well, I got a bird

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derswede

As mentioned in another thread, I got a CGS hawk. Will be looking for some parts, etc. Would like to ask the collective wisdom of the group on quality wing envelopes. Any particular recommendations? Will be needing a nose wheel as well, the one on mine failed due to rust while moving it.

Finding a place to put her was another question. Decided to put it into my warehouse. Having a 200kg winch already mounted from a ceiling I-beam, I moved everything out of the way and winched her up. Decided that it was not good enough, so I did my best "Y'all watch this!!! Sumone hold mah beer!!" move and added two straps (forklifts are great as ladders too). I don't really trust wire rope, so the two 1,000 lb rated straps add a comfort level. As for what if, if all lets go? The forklift safety cage is good for thousands of lbs and should not have a problem holding the airframe up if something lets go.

So,I will release straps, winch the plane down to work on it, and back up when work interferes. Any info on the CGS hawk would be appreciated. Soloed in nosedraggers, will still get some dual in a TD LSA bird, something with similar flight characteristics. Maybe a Champ or a J-3? Will have a nice 2000 foot runway to use, and some hanger space in trade for mowing.

Derswede
hawk 2.jpg Hawk1.jpg

Back