• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Rate my Flaps...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foundationer

I've read a bit on slotted flap design here, and gone through Theory of Wing Sections and the rule such as it is seems to be to make it look about right. What do yo reckon? Looks ok?

I've gone for just over .01c gap on a 25% flap chord. Airfoil is Wortmann FX 79 K 144/17.

Regarding actuating it... I can't quite get my head around whether I need two control linkages toward each end or if I can do it from one central one. What's the usual for a fairly long (2.4m / 8foot) slotted flap?

Attachments

• rate-my-flap.gif
    rate-my-flap.gif
    77.3 KB · Views: 80
Back