• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Looking for Basic Med Dr in Los Angeles/San Fernando Area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At my last medical I ended up with a Special issuance 3rd Class medical Due to buying a dental mouth device for Snoring and having a sleep study done where I came back with what should have been a low enough number for the FAA not to care. My Dr and the examiner both said it was at the bottom of the grey area and I should have been let through, but luck was not on my side. I am 47 years old and quite healthy and not looking to skirt the rules. The fact is I don't have OSA and I don't get recurring sleep studies regularly and don't have an APAP to submit my scoresheets either. Just a passive mouthpiece and a sleep study from a few years ago.

I am now thinking I may as well go with Basic Med. I have looked at the pros and cons and the only issue that may suck is I wont be able to fly in an overseas location. My wife and I visit France often and I cant really see it as an issue as I don't speak well enough to talk on the radio in French and I know a fair amount o friends who fly there already that could just take me for a ride anyhow. Also chances are if I do fly in France it would be in a Sailplane or Paraglider anyhow and no medical needed at least not in the USA.

My current family medical Dr is not all that into signing me off as he is unfamiliar with the process and has never done it. Rather than push him to be the first, anyone have a recommendation for a Dr in my area. I live in Burbank CA. MY medical is due to expire end of July.

Open to any and all suggestions.

Marc

Back