• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

3D Printed Air Vents for a Waiex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FritzW

Our chapter Waiex has two 3d printed NACA ducts that do a fine job of keeping the back of the pilots knees cool but not much more than that. We need a way to get the air up to the pilots face where it'll do some good.

We're about out of panel space for eyeball vents so I'm thinking about mounting something like this on top of the glare shield just forward of the panel.

Waiex Vent 1 1.png
I'd need to punch two 1.25" holes in the glare shield (no problem with a panel punch). It should take 4 or 5 hours to print. ...maybe 6 or 7

Waiex Vent 1 2.png
Two 4-40 screws ride in slots to keep the air vents from blowing out.

Waiex Vent 1 3.png
The chrome mud flap girl is an inside joke for a guy who's worried that I'll actually put a chrome mud flap girl on the vent :eek:

Back