• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Builder’s anxiety

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gpetty

I was recently involved in the building of a Zigolo ultralight, and I am the sole pilot for now. The thing flies very nicely, but I would enjoy flying it more if I didn’t have constant anxiety over whether it will hold together in the air. Did I really swage that bracing cable inside the wing correctly, and how would I know if it began to slip? What about that elevator cable attachment inside the covered vertical stabilizer? I’ll admit that I breathe a bit of a sigh of relief when I get above about 400’, where the BRS is most likely to be effective.
Just wondering how much of this is rational vs irrational, and either way, whether others have experienced this and found ways to (rationally) put it out of their mind.

Back