• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Microlight Lippisch Ente?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cluttonfred

Supporting Member
While I have no desire to take off using black powder rockets, I do think the Lippisch Ente canard glider converted to rocket power is worth a look as an inspiration.

1200px-RRG_Raketen-Ente_Deutsches_Segelflugmuseum_02_2009-05-31.jpg 1200px-RRG_Raketen-Ente_Deutsches_Segelflugmuseum_01_2009-05-31.jpg Lippisch_Ente.jpg

With a nod to Mike Sandlin's Bloop series (below), I have often sketched simple, single-seat microlight aircraft (not trying to make Part 103 weights, just a gross weight under 300 kg/661 lb) powered by off-the-shelf modern paramotor engines. That implies a pusher design to make the engine installation literally a bolt-on affair.

show 2018.jpg ee1f123337a1e07e6599d5380ffbca42.jpg

It's not hard to imagine a simple canard pusher with the lines of the Ente but in aluminum tube and fabric like Sandlin's designs or the old Superfloater ultralight glider (above), easily adapted to whichever 25+ hp paramotor engine you choose. An adjustable seat and pedals, perhaps even an adjustable control stick, would make it easy to adapt to almost any pilot weight and height.

Last edited:
Back