• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Buying an experimental that has been deregistered and is in pieces.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xjake91x

Hello everybody. I recently came upon an experimental aircraft (BD4) that has been deregistered. The airplane has been flown before. It also has an airworthiness certificate, and a data plate installed inside. The aircraft needs a lot of work. It is not flyable now. It's basically in pieces. It needs the inside to be redone, new avionics, it has no engine etc. I'm aware that it will need to go through the flight testing phase again, and that I will not be able to do condition inspections on it. I'm ok with that. Having another set of eyes look it over once a year can be positive.

Now the big question is- What would I have to do in order to get that aircraft registered again and get it flying (from a paperwork perspective). It has an airworthiness certificate, it has been flown before, and it has been registered before, but is deregistered now. How do I proceed? Will I need the original builder log/ pictures for any reason?

Thanks,

Jake

Back