• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Glider Performance Limitations or Requirements

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi

Sahuarita Arizona, Renton Washington, USA
The following is quoted from the "Ultralight from scratch, knowledgable and reasonable input requested" thread post #67.

Try "Basic Glider Criteria". A web search will find it right away. Actually, the other search terms find it quickly also, but maybe that's a recent upload by proppastie. Be nice to him.

Thanks, useful info but advisory, not regulatory. Many references are made to European requirements of span loading and weights for gliders. I do not believe these limitations apply in the US.

My search turned up the Basic Glider Criteria Handbook.The "Basic Glider Criteria Handbook" deals with guidance for design and structural issues. My concern was with regulations and requirements as has been discussed with regards to FAR 103. The Basic Glider Criteria Handbook does not refer to regulations nor contain minimum specifications for gliders such as sink rate, L/D, stall speeds, wing loading, or span loading. I'm cool here. Apparently we were discussing two different topics.

This reply is copied to a new thread titled "Glider Performance Limitations or Requirements" for those who wish to make additional comments.

Back