• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Development of Composite Props for Paramotor's / Ultralights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne

Gang,
Since this is an early idea I'm posting it here versus in the supplier section. As a follow on from my "where's my money coming from in retirement" thread I have been mulling a few ideas around making money in aviation (OK - you can stop laughing now!!!).

I do think, however, a few pennies could be made making props for Butt Fans and Ultralights. People learning Butt Fans break props a lot - ask me how I know that at $300 each for wood ones.

The general trend is towards composite props right now and my question is - "do we feel there is a way to make these props with a decent level of automation so that a knucklehead like me can produce them as a side line?"

1) CNC machine the foam? Can I use a home made CNC setup? Maybe I hot wire them for less mess and just as fast?
2) Laying up the Carbon Fibre - is this where I lose my time?
3) Prop design - I need a differentiator over price.

I like the idea of props because they are consumable and won't go away like IC engines. I could just start building props for electric, and even provide a turnkey power supply at that point.

Cheapy - here's a business idea for you and I :gig:

Back