• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

How did you hear about HBA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How did you hear about this website?

• Advertisement

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • A link on another website

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • From your EAA chapter

• Word of mouth

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • From me (Jake) Directly

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Other discussion group

• Search Engine

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • Other

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Advertisement

• A link on another website

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • From your EAA chapter

• Word of mouth

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • From me (Jake) Directly

• Other discussion group

• Search Engine

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • Other

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters

Jman

Site Developer
Ok people, I need your help. I'm trying to come up with some ideas for getting the word out about this place so we can crank things up a notch or two. I am hoping that anyone who has some ideas for increasing the traffic to this site will post their suggestions here. The more active members we have here at HBA the more useful this place will become for all of us to draw on in the future.

Here are some of things that I have already been doing to get the word out.

1. Emailing EAA Chapter officers to let them know about HBA and to ask them to pass it on to their members.

2. Contacting other homebuilding websites to let them know we are here and to ask them to put a link to HBA on their site. In most cases I will return the favor by putting a link to their site in the HBA links directory.

3. I've bought a small (read cheap) classified ad in both Sport Aviation and Kitplanes. They are both due out in the March issues.

Some of the things I am reluctant to do are:

1. Announce HBA to a builders group discussion forum. I might have done this once or twice and felt horribly guilty afterwards :( and won't do it again.

2. Pay for expensive advertising. I want to actually build an airplane one day not just talk about it :D.

I've added the poll as a way for me to see what is working and what is a waste of time.

Thanks in advance for your input. I do realize that more than a few people have been posting as a way to get things started. I really do appreciate it. Thanks a bunch.

Best regards,

Jake

Back