• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Inexpensive, Easiest, Least Toxic Aircraft Paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne

Folks,
I'm approaching the home stretch with my Cruzer build (I hope!!) and am going to be painting soon. I'm in a heated, shared, hangar right now but will be able to build a visqueen enclosure and will be able to rig some kind of ventilation exhaust but I'm going to have folks working in the hangar all around me.

Is there a paint that meets the inexpensive/easy/low toxicity criteria that even an idiot like me can use? I'll have tons of compressed air and will be borrowing spraying gear. I can't afford to pay someone to do it.

This is for an all Aluminum plane and it will be white. I'm going to use wrap graphics on it - most likely starting with a graphic timeline - the history of aviation from nose to tail. I like that idea as I think it will be fun for the Young Eagles kids and the Zenith is a flying billboard anyay.

They painted the Access Aero plane with paint donated from Akzo - it seemed innocuous and cured amazingly. I think it is used on airliners. Grumpy does not like it though because you have to wait between coats.

As always I'm looking forward to, and appreciate, your feedback.

Back