• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Welding Fume Extraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris In Marshfield

Staff member
Supporting Member
Hi all,

Setting up my small basement shop and planning for welding accommodations. Aside from running dedicated electric for the welder, I also will probably need some fume extraction. I’ll be doing simple welding down there - nothing huge (since I’ll never get it out - a la Gibbs). Will somethIng like a large bathroom exhaust fan do the trick, perhaps with a removable flex tube from a dust collector?

~Chris

Back