• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hazard's of building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don january

Many have talked about the Hazard's of flight in a new home built but not so much of the hazards that come up in the build faze to the body of the builder. I think it would be in good spirit to share with the forum any bad luck thing's that has happened to you as you built your aircraft. I will start out with a resent "hurt's don't it" that happened to me as I was working on my plane. I was using my angle grinder with a cut off wheel attached to cut down some 4130 and BAM! the wheel blew apart and I must say it's my own darn fault mainly because it's a bad idea to run a cut off wheel on a high speed angle grinder. Well the wheel found it's target right between my leg's, in that soft spot if you know what I mean. I've been kicked down there by a horse and Man I thought I was shot. The nurses at the hospital 4 in total all had to come and see the end result and my face is still red from that day not to mention a few other places that is not of it's original color. I was glad I had my leather welding apron on at the time or thing's could have been much worse. So let's hear your story.:eek::suprised:

Back