• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Can I paint a composite plaine a silver / grey color?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcurcio1989

I recently purchased a flying quickie Q200 from a local pilot/builder/owner. It needs a fresh coat of paint and originally I was thinking stick with the white but my paint guy (who is also a pilot) said that silver / grey would be comparable to white as far as reflecting light / heat. We all know that cirrus has gotten very comfortable with this but I am not going to compare there layup process to some guys in a garage building a quickie. So what are your thoughts? bad idea or no problem? I think it would look really nice in a silver color but I don't want to compromise the structure.

Back