• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Cheap Ditigal Tack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pops

Friend of mine in IA has been using this tack on his VW powered airplane and likes it. I made an aluminum plate to mount it in a 3 1/8" instrument hole. Also a bracket to mount the sensor behind the prop flange on my C-85 and Aircraft Spruce sells a cap to cover the tack drive on the accessory case of the engine. Range from 0--9999 rpm. Can be powered by the 12V electrical system or like my friend uses, a 9V battery mounted behind the panel. I hooked it up to a 9V battery for the picture. You will be saving almost a pound over the use of a mechanical tack and cable. Not counting the money. Price is $10.88 including shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-4-Digi...199067?hash=item1a11c3df5b:g:E6EAAOSwxH1UFwfB

BTW-- Notice the use of an blue aluminum breather elbow on the Cont engine. Saved over 1/2 LB over the stock brass elbow.

Attachments

• DSCF0021.jpg
    DSCF0021.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCF0024.jpg
    DSCF0024.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCF0027.jpg
    DSCF0027.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCF0028.jpg
    DSCF0028.jpg