• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Question for you welders..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badger

Tooele Utah It's 40 klicks south and west of SLC
Hi guys..

I honestly dont know a lot about welding. It's just something that I never really got in to, I guess. I done a little "brazing" from time to time with oxy/acc torch, but thats about it.....and never was any good at it really.

My son bought a little 70 amp arc welder for to do some body work on his jeep, and it looks to do pretty good on that automotive metal. My question is this:

I have had a pace-maker for about 4 years now, and the docs said that I cant get around any arc welders and such....or strong magnets, as in slot machines, etc.....I cant even be close to a vehicle when it's running with the hood up, due to the alternators amp output.....because the pacemaker may go all screwy and stuff. So I'm wondering....the Mig and Tig welders, and wire feed, and all that.....do those kinds of welders put out amperage like arc welders, or car alternators do? Or is it, if I want to weld, I better get good with the torch and welding tips?
Thanks guys..

John

Back