• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Kitfox Lite and 4ao84 engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkoper

I have a Kitfox Lite with the original 2si engine. I have been thinking that the 4ao84 and the kitfox could be a fairly good match. Does anyone have any familiarity with the kitfox lite? Would the airframe be able to deal with the extra weight? I know that the 503 was an option on these, but the 4ao84 is about 30# heavier than that. I am a tool and die maker and have a full machine shop at home, I've been wondering if some creative machine work could give the 4ao84 enough of a diet to bring the weight down closer to the half VW range. I've had been waiting for the pegasus o-100 to come to fruition, but it seems stalled. Whats everyone's thoughts?

Jim

Back