• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Corby Starlet CJ-1 discussion thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikePousson

This will be the do's and don't' discussion associated with my other builders log thread on the Corby I purchased yesterday. At my age I don't get pumped often. It's usually just "Meh". But when I saw what I had driven 2 1/2 hours to look at I was wow. The more I checked the craftsmanship and materials used and metal fabricated for hinges, brackets, one piece ( instead of two piece) main gear leg, and everything else involved, I was just blown away. When he asked me what is my offer, I just looked at him. I told him he was going to get from me what he asked. He was set aback also and he knocked a few hundred off because I wasn't trying to play hardball with him.
Its 99% wood with a spruce D Box spar as the main component of a cantilevered wing. The original builder made 2 spars instead of one long spar with steel hangers inserted into the cockpit spar receiver box to be able to have removable wings. All of the plywood skins are aircraft grade 1/16 inch Finnish birch, except the wings leading edge uses 1/8 inch Finnish birch. All the wood and hardware were bought from Aircraft Spruce here in Ontario.
So , I'm all ears when it comes to advice. The other thread will be dormant till I get the plane here and ready to get at it.
mike

Back