• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Would others be interested in a CNC machine for $2k-$4k? laser/plasma cutter options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CobraCar11

I am designing and building a CNC unit that can process 4'x8' sheets of plywood and other materials. The height (z axis) limit would be 2' to 4' max (still deciding). It would be able to use plasma cutter, laser options as well if someone wants to add it on.

I am doing this because there is some stuff that I want to design, build, and test, and also build my own airplane. Sending out ideas for prototypes is looking expensive, and I can modify and create things in real time.

Some of my friends are seeing the price I am getting this down to , and are getting pretty excited. They want one too. I have benefited from so much help and support here, I thought I would give back.

I am not trying to make a company our full time job with this. I was thinking that if so many other people could use something like this for their projects and ideas, maybe it could help other people as well.

Would other people be interested in owning one? It was suggested to me that this could make building an aircraft more affordable to others.

It would be a kit - one would have to assemble it. Software would be open source. I think I am going to make it that you need to connect a home computer to it to run it.

Let me know if others are interested. I am not going to make this something that is an industrial giant that can CNC tons of metal every day for years. It will be able to cut a project for the user.

Let me know.

Safe Flying

Back