• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sonex / Onex / CH650

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anaphylaxis

Since my last thread on the subject, I took another look at my requirements and decided that I needed to willing to spend a bit more.

It seems that the Sonex / Onex are the most cost effective options out there and have the most reasonable build times.

So, a few questions:

1. Any opinions on Sonex in general? I guess my main concerns are that I have limited space and no prior experience with this stuff. I'd hate to start on something and wind up with a project I have to sell.

2. How about on the Sonex vs. Onex? Onex seems to be the least expensive option out of any kit out there. The lack of a second seat isn't an issue, with a $2k difference it would be nice but extras add up quickly.

3. I see there are kits and partial completions out there. What is the best way to verify these are complete kits and ensure the quality of construction on partial builds? I'd hate to get a "good deal" and spend just as much undoing someone else's mistakes.

Back