• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Flea style "Piojo Flying MiniBike"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FritzW

With so many flying motorcycle ideas popping up on the Modern day "motorcycle of the air" aircraft class? thread, and not getting much beyond the "concept art" stage, I thought I'd start this thread to try and zero in on just one of the ideas and try to move it forward.

This version would be more of a flying minibike than a flying motorcycle. A safe, very simple, inexpensive fun flyer. Something that could be built in a few months by an inexperienced builder who has limited cash, tools, space and free time. The more it could it could fold up and/or come apart for transportation and storage the better.

So far the idea is just a simplified HM-14 with the wing gap of the HM 360 so the pilot can walk between the wings and get on it like a motorcycle.

Flygande_Loppan_500px.jpg + HM 360_380.jpg + FleaFormula.jpg = El Piojo 15.jpg

Two big challenges I see right off the bat: (any advise/suggestions welcome)
1) I don't know squat about Mignet Formula design or tandem wings.
2) I'm not sure how the mono-wheel is going to work out on such a short coupled airplane, but I REALLY like the simplicity.

Back