• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

EAA 1928 Ford Trimotor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aerowerx

At KMNN.

033.jpg034.jpg035.jpg

041.jpg
Stout Airplane Company? Is that the name of the company, or a description of the product?

043.jpg
That's one of my neighbors in the right seat. He was a WW2 B-24 mechanic.
[Edit] correction...B-17 mechanic.

050.jpg
Beautiful downtown Marion, OH.

052.jpg
I live down there, just about even with the trailing edge of the tire, on the far side of the road.

The first flight of the day was supposed to be the VIP flight. Local news, the mayor, and a couple of WW2 Air Corps vets. I got there early enough and was the first "normal" citizen to sign in. They had an empty seat, so...:grin::grin::grin::grin:. It was supposed to be a 15 minute flight, but because it was full of VIP, it seemed to me more like a half hour.

042.jpg
I thought this was interesting. That is the RPM, oil pressure, and oil temperature mounted just above the engine. The engines are 450 HP each, and one requirement was that the plane has to be able to make it over the mountains with one engine out.

Got some video, which I will upload as soon as I can figure out how to use YouTube.

Last edited:
Back