• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Prosthetic Wings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WonderousMountain

Namiste,

Today I announce the beginning of a project to build and fly a practical minimum flying machine. Consider it first as a sport enthusiast pet project.

It will be based off the same concept as my three segment wings, but with a folding mechanism generally mimicking the function of bird joints.
Only highly athletic persons of good composure would be applicants for flight tests, preferable with sports experience comfortable with aerial acrobatics, and with no inclination to excessive risk.

Controls will be body feedback mimicry, with arms legs and feet providing directions to equivalent machinery. As far as I know, this has never been fully modeled.

It will be a long project, and may require travel.

Asking for willing participants, to work as a private club, in a non open source manner.

At this time do not expect financial reward for your contributions in a timely manner.

ThX,

LuPi

Back