• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Give Flight Wing Winners Announced - some are among us!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne

At least two Chapters on HBA have won wings from various Manufacturers to be built by the crowd at this years Airventure. My Chapter (461) won wings from Zenith for the 750 Cruzer and it looks like Fritz's Chapter in New Mexico won a set for a Sonex. The Chapters have been asked to work on the wings at Airventure with the crowd and the goal is to have the completed plane flown to Airventure 2017.

GRATS to all involved and I hope some other members can let us know if they won some.

You can find a little bit of info on Chapter 461's - we are building a joint project with the Illinois Aviation Museum as part of their successful Youth Outreach program. We have had approx 50 youth "builders" for each session, with a very high % of return. The wings will be a massive boost to the program, then we we will be approaching local companies to help cover some of the costs for the instruments, paint, and motor.

If anyone knows how to drive activity through the media let me know - you'll be helping a lot of youngsters build and fly in a dream come true.

Regards,

Wayne

Back