• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Alaskan Ultralgiht Plan... is it possible???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bsky

Hello World!

My plan: I want to build an 103 ultralight for the purpose of sticking it on a trailer, driving it from metro Detroit area (via Alaskan Hwy) to around and about Fairbanks Alaska next summer. Want to use it to fly like 80 miles out of Fairbanks, camp out for a MONTH, flying occasionally (maybe 20 miles total), then fly back to Fairbanks and head for home. Has to be amphibious. Need to carry camping stuff and food. So, Is it possible to construct an ultralight to accomplish this with the following

specs:
2 x 15hp kt100 engines (typically used in go carts),
Span 31 feet, chord 4.7feet
wing area 135 ft^2,
twin props mounted on trailing edge, diameter about 3ft, each linked to its engine via a belt,
Floatation uses fuselage plus two outriggers,
total budget 3300$

Weight:
Empty(using float exemption) 304
With Fuel in tank(35) 339
With Pilot (175) 514
With extra fuel as cargo(35) 549
With camping gear(75) 624
With food(66) 690
Total take off weight 690

So, IS IT POSSIBLE??????????????

LSA wont work because i can afford 6k for a sport license or a plane, but not both.

Last edited:
Back