• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Bucket List - the aircraft designs that I'd like to be a part of Building!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rienk

Ever since I was part of building an airplane (Cuby) as a part of a highschool class, I dreamed of building affordable aircraft.
My ultimate goal is a modern Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang (air, land and sea).
But here is a list of the planes I want to build, or help build. The ones highlighted are already under way.

I list this simply to see if any of them resonate with some of you, and see if there is any possibility for collaboration.
(I am not an aero or structural engineer, so barring pure trial and error, we would need knowledgeable assistance).
  • Simple and safe to fly '103 Ultralight' (maybe Controlwing)
  • Sexy Ultralight, using mass production techniques - to make relatively low cost.
  • Corresponding two-seat trainer, to give safe dual for the above Sexy Ultralight.
  • Quick-Build Low-Cost wood and fabric Kit - primarily for youth and students (in design phase - 'TS-3)
  • Low Cost single place LSA (in development now - 'Solo')
  • Low Cost two-place LSA (to be developed upon completion of Solo)
  • Heavy Hauler LSA, hopefully useful for mission/humanitarian flight (stretchers, bulky but light cargo, etc)
  • Two-seat speedster (something for my bride and me to cheaply travel to the kids; 250mph burning less than 5gph).
  • Four-seat speedster (waiting for new engine development)
  • Four Seat executive Turboprop (in development now - 'Envoy 4')
  • Six Seat executive Turboprop (in development now - 'Envoy 6L')
  • High-wing Utility Turboprop (in development now - 'Envoy 6H')
  • Roadable Aircraft (single seat, two-seat, and eventually four-seat).
I probably won't be able to get involved in all of these, but I sure would like to try.
Most will be dependent on building or joining the right team.
Carpe Diem!

Last edited:
Back