• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Malaysian airlines missing plane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oriol

Is There A Better Way To Track Aircraft During Flight? : The Two-Way : NPR

It is somehow amazing to realize that with all the available technology still airliners are not tracked during the whole flight. Let´s hope the airplane is found soon so that the causes of the accident can be determined.

Although any theory of the probable cause of the accident is pure speculation without the flight recorder etc. Yesterday night on the TV news an "expert" said that airliners can carry explosives or nuclear items apart from passenger´s baggage, wich can lead to a sudden spontaneous explosion in midair...

Even without knowing what went wrong during the flight if it was a pilot mistake or whatever. I can´t help thinking that sooner or later airliners are going to be fully automated with no human on the controls like some modern subways. I know it sounds horrible but I bet that it would be cheaper and safer for the airlines to operate UAVS rather than manned airplanes.

Oriol

Back