• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Don't really know what to do from here...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holtzy3

Ok so I don't know how many people remember me here but let me give you some quick background. I'm 16 (17 this year), I have a 1/4th share in a 150 and I'm about 5 months away from being able to take my PPL test on my 17th birthday.

Right about now your probably thinking what the problem is and I'll tell you right now. I literally cannot stand flying that 150. One of my partners is a total **** who has written us legal letters about a scratch on the fuselage (not exaggerating it was literally a 1" scratch near the cowling.) and every time I fly an email comes out an hour later saying how there's something wrong with the airplane. Then there's the fact that its a Cessna 150... I guess I was spoiled by getting to fly a Pitts, Cherokee 235 pathfinder, Cessna 320, and an RV-9A before I even solo'd but I always have to come back to the 150.

Now your thinking "Are you freakin kidding me"... you'd be right to think that. Either way I've been searching for Sonerai's (cheap, low fuel burn, and from what I've heard fun and easy to fly). Multiple times I've found an S2 LTS (low wing tri gear) for the same price as our 150 share and there are plenty of people who have offered to buy the share... Parents just keep refusing. Still not quite sure why, we've had the 150 for about a year and we hadn't planed to keep it that long anyways.

So yeah I'm not quite sure what to do... I would probably enjoy flying it more if I could go somewhere but my instructor never replies to texts and then when you schedule something with him he cancels on you when your in the airplane waiting for him and he says he's in LA.... (happened on the 3rd time I tried to do a XC with him). So at this point I have no Idea what to do. Cant fly anywhere even to go to lunch, can't get an airplane I'd actually enjoy flying (the owner of the pitts would check me out in the sonerai for a tail dragger if I couldn't find a tri gear) and have nothing to do when I fly. Ill (hopefully) be going to ATP flight school after high school and fly for an airline after (hopefully eventually United :p) still need 100 hours to go to ATP so looks like ill be forced to fly something.... Just don't know what. So yeah any input on the situation (try and keep it positive please) would be helpful.

Back