• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Turn Your Secondary Ignition Into a Fully Programable System

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schmleff

This is pretty cool. CB performance makes a "Black Box" that allows the user full control over their ignition advance. At $200 bucks, it would be a worthy investment.

Link: CB Performance Black Box Ignition System

The software looks the same as what I am running on my digital secondary. Had this been available when I was putting the new FWF package together, I would have used this with a low height secondary and saved hours of design and fabrication.

Why mess with it? Lots of reasons. Starting, smoothness, fuel savings and of course power.

From what I have read from many sources, a properly advanced ignition can save quite a bit of fuel. I have heard the Lycoming guys say that they are burning between 1-2gph less in cruise. Not sure if that number directly translates, but it they burn 10gph in cruise and we burn 5, I think its save to say that you could save at least .5gph in cruise.

If you are interested in it but are not sure about the programing, I would be happy to put together a few curves and help anyone through the setup.

As usual, you are buying it for an "off road vehicle". No, I don't get a spiff for pitching CB. I am blacklisted from their sales system because I own a scary airplane.
angry.gif

Back