• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Power ground versus audio ground

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaysmiths

In reading the excellent responses to my post concerning shielding of various wires in the install of my FL760 and some information on the PS Engineering website concerning intercom install, I have a question concerning grounding of power (12-14v negative), the grounding of the wire shield itself, and the grounding of the audio signal in the mic and headphone.

How do these inter-relate? Which if any need to be isolated? This entire area is truly mysterious to me.

Thanks in advance for any light shed upon these dark realms.

Jay

Back