• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Another Canard Dream...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apollo

A friend sent me this link to review: composite kit aircraft, Raptor Aircraft Pricing

This is an interesting and ambitious project with aesthetically pleasing elements. The website has some beautiful CAD graphics, but includes more than one incorrect statement about canard aircraft. It's apparent the designer has learned SolidWorks but does not have much engineering or aerodynamics experience. I see design deficiencies they have overlooked.

Now they want to take deposits before building and testing a prototype, which is a huge red flag. That business model (for developing experimental aircraft) has failed over and over again. They also have an Indiegogo effort to raise $400,000 to build the prototype.

The designer mentions his relationship with Jeff Kerlo, who designed the V-Raptor that was discussed in another thread. Wasn't there a controversy about ownership rights for that design? I'm afraid this new effort is going to end badly for depositors.

Back