• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Got screwed today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toweym

It was the most action I've had in months!

Purchased an O-200 via eBay the other week after several phone calls and a successful bid. All seemed on the up and up as we went through the history on the phone; it allegedly is was pulled off a 150 that ran it's wing into a pole and the owner opted to part out versus repair. I asked specific answers and was given reasonable answers.

I drove all day and night to pick it up and when I returned I looked up the N# from the logs at the NTSB site to print out the accident report for the record. Low and behold it was a prop strike from a collapsed nose gear. Called the guys, two A&P's that run a shop in FL, and they claimed ignorance. They gave one story after another but finally agreed to pay $1200 toward tear down, inspection, and rebuild under threat of (of all things) reporting them to the BBB. Wish me luck that the check is good and the crank is better.

These guys are in the dictionary next to "buyer beware" and I can be found next to "stupid". First time in 5 yrs I got it from eBay -- $5300 for a boat anchor with accessories.

Anyone need an engine?

Back