• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Now that we have experience....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Z

As I look through Barnstormer's it is obvious that unfinished dreams are there in abundance. All sorts; plastic, wood, rag and tube and even those whose wings rotate. But, as we have gained experience, my question has to do with the various airplanes kit or spam cans that comes to your mind. What is the best and worst of the predominant aircraft that we have experienced. For instance, I know that the early Lancairs had a small tail that was enlarged. How does the early Lancair or Glasair or whatever brand compare with the later and more "refined" versions? The early Cessna 210 was refined over the years into a great airplane whilst the Bonanza is basically the same from the beginning until now. Any comments as to what to look for and what to avoid? I'm basically trying to better educate myself on what is going to be out there in the next years.

Back