• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

SOLO - single seat sport plane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rienk

Well friend, after a hiatus of a couple years (attending to keeping my main business out of bankruptcy) we are finally seeing some daylight at the end of the tunnel, and are able to pull some of our aircraft projects out of the closet, dust them off, and get back to work - albeit slowly.
We have recently begun working on our engine development for the Solo again. We will be offering several iterations of several core engines, based on the Generac and the Weber.

We were fortunate to be included in the May issue of Kitplanes magazine, as a part of Dean Sigler's article.
It has been the kick in the pants that we have needed to get going again! However, we are extremely limited on space and personnel this time around, so I'm not exactly sure how long it will take to get something flying, but we are hoping for sometime this year. Once we actually have a few in the air, and go through the anticipated improvements and modifications, we will then begin the task of ASTM certifying the airframe and engines. Right now, it's all a pipe dream, but we do not intend to give up. We will eventually get the Envoy project going as well.

I won't be making any regular announcements about our development, probably until the first one is flying.
But I just wanted to say "Hi" and let you know I'm still alive and kicking, and may eventually approach some of you to assist us in different components of our development (if and when funds allow).

Blessings, Rienk

Attachments

• Kitplanes article (May 2013) Alternative Energies.pdf
    420.8 KB · Views: 1,570
Back