• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Ducted fan blade design

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonL

I did a search in the forum and came up with so many threads, I'm not sure how to narrow the search.

My question is based on using a prop calculator, I have obtained power and speed results for some recent post that I have made.
The input info was for a 3000 pound all up weight @ 200 MPH, air temperature 40*F @ 5000 Feet,
Prop speed 6000 RPM, The result showed around 32" prop and a power needed of 159 KW.:ponder:

Are there any calculators that have multi-blade options for input ? Three or five blades in a duct is what my mind sees as quieter and more efficient. (and yes I have a few crazy thoughts around this question, I will ease the minds and refrain from commenting, unless some really are interested:grin:)

Any help please, and thanks in advance.

Ron

Back