• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Two Konig 3-cylinder radial engines for sale! SC-430, one with redrive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danmoser

I am selling two Konig SC-430 engines. These are 3-cylinder radials, 2-stroke, 430 cc.
They were acquired as part of a multi-aircraft purchase and were formerly used to power a SWIFT
motorglider.
I have no plans to use these engines, so they are for sale.
Parts and new engines available from Compact Radial Engines in Canada.

I'm new to these engines and have no experience operating or maintaining them.
They appear to be mostly complete and in good condition with starter motors, plugs, ignition modules & exhaust manifolds... but no carbs or mufflers.
They may need a few new gaskets, plugs, wires, etc... complete teardown recommended before flight.

One of the engines is set up with a toothed belt speed reduction drive.. very rare, I'm told.
Typically used in direct drive installations with a max. speed of 4,200 RPM.
Reportedly, they have better low end torque than most 2-strokes... smooth & strong running.
BTW, they are also listed on Barnstormers.

The engines are located in the Salt Lake City area.
They weigh about 30 pounds each, so they would be easy to ship by UPS, FedEx, etc..
Serious inquiries only please .. PM me for more pictures & information.
Asking price $700 each or best offer.

Happy Landings,

Dan

Back