• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Dissection of the LS Engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toobuilder

Supporting Member
Finally found a mule to play with! I've torn it down enough to establish overall condition and have a look at the architecture. With an eye towards a direct drive and inverted operation, I've been looking at some of the detail parts and areas to save weight by modification or outright omission. I'm quite impressed with the engine, but there are plenty of opportunities to save shed some fat.

I'll post some detailed pictures before too long with some examples of weight savings ideas, but this thread hopefully will grow into an exposé on the possibilities of the LS series.

Also, this is my first post after changing my whole home IT system (now I'm smartphone based), so it's going to take me a while to figure out how to upload pics and stuff, so bear with me.

Back