My Homebuilt

1. This is the wing skin that was molded over the access door. Peel ply is still on both sides. And the door fits just about perfect.
  2. Wing Skin with the door in place. Yeah, the peel ply is coming off the door...
  3. Here is the skin as molded over the doors. Note that I trimmed the doors close to final shape before release taping them to the mold for making the...
  4. These are the completed doors, ready to be taped to the mold.
  5. These are the completed doors, ready to be taped to the mold.
  6. Here is the female mold for the starboard lower stub wing. I have three doors on the lower stub wing skins. One is for accessing the main spar bolts...
  7. Port Wing on Fuselage - Trying Bottom Skin for Fit.
  8. Starboard Wing on Fuselage - Prep'ing for Rib and Drag Spar Attachement
  9. Starboard Wing on Fuselage - Prep'ing for Rib and Drag Spar Attachment
  10. Starboard wing in Wing Jig - Prep'ing for Flange Transfer
  11. Vacuum Gaugeon a part being cured on my vacuum table made from a scrap laminated countertop ($10 at Home Depot). Blueis bag film, white is batting,...
  12. More of the Port wing. You can also see one of my many water levels.  

The white thing was the plug that I used to make the mold for the center...
  13. Another shot of the Port wing. Visible is the strongback and wing jig, with some of the adjustable supports.
  14. This is the Port Side wing on the fuselage. The upper skin is bonded to the spar and I was fitting ribs at this point.
  15. Canopy mold with Port Side Door. Mold side layup has been done, and cores are vacuum bagged into place.
  16. Portside Gullwing Door layup, under Vacuum. Left to Right is Billski, Lee, and Imad. 

This was the last layup with the all plies tied together by...
Showing photos 1 to 16 of 16