• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Comments on Design (Any Catia USers?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berridos

Hi Everybody

Would appreciate any critics on my initial design.

As you can notice I am a CATIA beginner. Below the wing the fuselage surface shows wrinkles I am not able to correct.
Any solutions?
I am drawing the skin with Multi surface sections, lots of bulkheads (three under the wing with straight vertical lines below the wing) and three guides (top guide, lower guide and a side guide that is a straight line under the wing)

Anybody thinks the tail is nonsense?

I thought that calculating the tail boundary layer thickness and investigating at which angle the horizontal and vertical boundary layer start reducing their mutual interference I can aim at fairly drag competitive tail design if I use a ample curvature at the intersection.
Does such a tail only make sense for twin engine planes?.
I thought I could build the whole tail in a single mold bending graphlite rod around the intersection corners and get a reasonable weight for the whole tail.
The tail incidence will be variable in flight.

I love the idea of attaching the landing gear to the engine mount making the mechanics of a suspension system fairly easy. Do you think the gear legs are bend backwards too strongly? The bend is imposed by the location of the firewall.

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 399
  • inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 573
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 2,541
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg