• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

A homebuilt jet of wood ( for reporters ).

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topspeed100

I just made this.

Wonder if those reporters around the world that gets everywhere would get better info and pics when they could fly really fast to places where news are being born ( Libya, Sendai, Fukushima etc )..this kinda really cheap mach I ( or even II ) jet could make it possible.

Is wood as a structure ( also carbon and glassfibre ) any good. Idea would be to keep this really lite and simple ( 100 000 euros tops price tag ).

Engines could be just little bigger than model engines have, but a powerful afterburner is amust that a reporter can get a way before the armyjets come.

I recall BD-10 was something similar but hardly reached 350 KTS ?

Any ideas ?

Attachments

• AFP_52T65.JPG
    AFP_52T65.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,540
Last edited:
Back