• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

BAMBOO WOOD & DEMOISELLE ANYONE???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UrbanRockWell

A RETURN TO BAMBOO WOOD
demoiselle_new.jpg

DEMOISELLE ANY ONE?

So, I am so brand new to this, it's funny. But I am about to build a Demoiselle. And While I will be as true to the design as possible, BAMBOO, "et all", I would appreciate any of your own information that will assist in any design improvements that will make this a faster more modern flyer.

1524755.jpg

( Here's the one and HOT modernized one I found, but it is metal, WHAT do ya think? )

I have done some intensive bamboo research, it's stronger than steal tensile strength, it's GREEN applications. Lightness, prep and use.

bamboo.jpg

But what exactly is contributing to the set backs in this particular design that can be made better? Modernized airfoil, Ailerons, length, wingspan? Motor behind instead of in front? The more I research bamboo the more I see it as a material that can be used for more than nostalgic reasons.

demoiselle-drawing.jpg

I see wayyyyy more ( too many) rc postings on line than actual modern full scale fliers.

Thank you so much for your comments, questions, help.

Back