+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CASCOPHEN glue

CASCOPHEN glue

hi guys does anyone here have some experience with cascophen glue im trying find out source for aerolite glue and seems to be out of market in us what i found is just cascophen in acs and wicks which seems to be similar thanks

Re: CASCOPHEN glue

Isn't it basically a generic brand of Resorcinol? I purchased some from ACS last month, but haven't used it yet. I thought I might try it out on some wood laminations rather than use T88. No real reason to NOT use T88 other than I want to try out a different glue -- one that is not weakend by temperature (though I don't think issue iwth explies is much of an issue with wooden airplanes).

Some Falco builders might know where to obtain aerolite.

I used to use Aerolite when it was still available and liked it a lot. In Britain it was pretty much the standard. Very strong, but much more brittle than Epoxy adhesives. And if you're sloppy about using rubber gloves, the hardener, though not in any way painful at first, effectively removes the outer layer of your skin after a short while. (It's basically formic acid.)
    "Aeronautical engineering is highly educated guessing, worked out to five decimal places. Fred Lindsley, Airspeed."

i found source in britain but its about 20$ for 375g which is not even pound so i guess that i will stick with t-88 for while

+ Reply to Thread