• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Update on Building Inspection Requirements

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbrochey

This is a follow up on my earlier post concerning what the regulations are for inspecting my wood work prior to closing up with ply and covering... this is from my local EAA Technical Advisor:

"As far as inspections go, neither the FAA Inspector nor the Designated Airworthiness Representative (DAR) will need to inspect before closing up any structures. This was required many years ago when there weren't too many people building planes like there are today and inspectors were able to make several visits to your workshop. You will however need to keep plenty of photos available of what's out of view to show the DAR when final inspection comes about. I would also recommend that you keep records of the type of glue you used, the clamping method whether it be nails, screws or clamps​ as well as sample pieces of wood glued together in case they may want to see how well the parts are bonded to one another."

Closing up the rudder this weekend!!! :ban: (This banana is really stupid...but I'm on my second glass of Pinot Noir!)

Back